Thursday, March 19, 2009

country music is bad for the soul.

I threw Launchcast on "Soft Country" and caught Taylor Swift's "White Horse." I'm just sitting here busting ass to completely conquer ANOVAs, when the following catches my attention:

(excerpt)
As I pace back and forth all this time
'Cause
I honestly believed in you
Holdin' on,
The days drag on
Stupid girl
I should have known, I should have known

That I'm not a princess
This ain't a fairytale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood,
This is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now its too late for you and your White Horse,
To come around.

Maybe I was naïve,
Got lost in your eyes
I never really had a chance.
My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand.
I had so many dreams about you and me.
Happy endings;
Now I know


Jeezy Creezy country music is depressing.

No comments: