Sunday, April 19, 2009

SIDE NOTE!

Taken from just another chick-flick, The Holiday:

"Why am I attracted to a person I know isn't good?"

"I happen to know the answer to this. Because you are hoping you are wrong, and every time she does something that tells you she is no good, you ignore it; and every time she comes through and surprises you, she wins you over, and you lose that argument with yourself that she's not for you."

"Exactly. And on the top of that, there is an old standby: I cannot believe a girl like that would be with a guy like me."

I guess I understand that a little better now. And not only can I see it the driving force of several relationships I know of, I think it also defined my last one as well as whateverthefuck I'm doing now (only the inverse). That's mildly depressing.

No comments: